Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Atki # 2

Elder Atkinson standing on a rock above the town of Andalucia Colombia








You gotta love the "GARBAGE TRUCK"


"We had the greatest baptism ever. We met at the church about ten of us and walked to the Bugala Grande River about 3 miles away. It poured rain on us the whole time. We started the baptismal service with lightning cracking . I kept looking at the investigator waiting for her to tell me she didn't want to do it this week. No, she never did. We all hudled in a circle and my comp. shouted a spirutual thought, then I shouted my testimony. I don't know what we were thinking getting in water with lighting. She got in the water with the Branch Pre. We positioned her with her head down stream. Well down she went and down the river she went, with the president right behind her. Well the Pre. caught her foot and pulled her up. I was laughing so hard inside but I loved every second of it. We closed the service and we all walked back to the church soaking wet."


1 comment:

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

I LOVED THAT! That is so funny! I can totally see Austin cracking up about all of it!

What a great experience for him! All of this is completely life changing! I mean, a mission is life changing, but to see what he sees and experience what he experiences will change him even deeper! How great for him!

Send him our love!