Sunday, August 31, 2008

Update On The Atki Clan

Elder Atkinson is doing great serving the Lord in Mississippi. He is located in the middle of Mississippi. So he shouldn't get to much of hurricane gustav. Keep praying for him. We love and miss him very much!!!

Austin just put his mission papers in. I guess in about 2 weeks we will know where he is going to spend the next 2 years. He is working very hard at the sod farm. If you didn't know. Austin gave up his baseball mitt and chose to serve a misssion.

Boo is loving high school and waiting for baseball to start. He will be going hunting with Chad in Sept.

Connor is growing up to fast. He likes 6th grade. His real love is playing tackle football. We will get some pictures.

Chad is working very hard. We are grateful for all that he does for our family. He is going to do alittle bit of hunting this year.

Julie has some mixed emotions about having 2 of her 4 boys gone. I love all my boys very much and I am very proud of the choices they have made in ther lives. I love the gospel and missionary program. I am also grateful for our wonderful family and friends. Thanks for your love and support.

4 comments:

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

Sounds like everyone is doing really good! We will FOR SURE be keeping Jordan in our prayers! Let him know we are thinking about him!

Can you believe Brady is home?! Does that give you a little hope that ONE DAY your boys will return?! :)

Austin....I just have to tell you how impressed I am with you! Not just because of the missionary thing, although I am SO glad that is a choice that you made, and the sacrifice you make will not go un-noticed by the Lord, I am sure of that! I have to say that I have always been impressed with how kind you are. You have ALWAYS been so dang sweet! You are polite and a HARD worker! You set a great example for your brothers, AND for my boys, Lisa's & Clint's boys & Parker! THANKS for that!

I can't wait to see where you are headed!!

Heather said...

You do have great boys. We are grateful that our family is friends with yours. (and our horses are friends too). Hahaha

The Jacklins said...

Once you get rid of Austin we will send Coleman down to keep things lively for you and Chad!! :) It is really crazy how fast time goes! Your family is great and we are blessed to be your neighbors!

Salisbury Family said...

geesh....start me crying...I know that these guys grew up fast...when I joined the family 11 years ago..they were 8...and now my son is 8, and the 11 years have gone by so fast...oh no....here come the tears again....